Thursday, May 19, 2011

Time Management

     I have come to the point in my life when I seem to never have enough time to do all the things I want to and also all the things I have to do. I am certain I am not alone in this problem and that it is not a new issue that has occurred in this century.
   
In fact it seems to be that it has been a very popularly subject for many of books. The best part is that you can go on the internet, look in the local book store or even the library and find multitudes of information on how                to organize your time and get more of it.

     I have spent lots of evening reading and then making lists for every thing imaginable. I made a grocery list that is on my fridge so all I have to do is circle what I'm out of to make it more efficient, but I still manage to forget something. I have a calendar for all the house keeping things I have to do over the week and my child's activities and my own and still never seem to do any of it on the day listed. I make a memo every morning of what I want to accomplish that day and I actually almost get it all done, but never all of it completely.

     I have come to the realization that no matter how organized I try to be, I spend more time trying to get organized than I do actually accomplishing anything, lol. Also Life happens and so a calendar or list must be looked at as reference material or you will never go to sleep trying to check it all off.
I do use my lists and calendars, but I have come to look at them very differently as time has gone on and I feel less stressed about not getting them finished.

     So use them yes, but don't get all crazy about them, there are more important things to worry about other than the milk you forgot. Relax a bit and enjoy the things you can do. Happy Time Management :)

No comments:

Post a Comment