Monday, March 12, 2012

Just for the Joy-A dress for Isabella

     Well when I said I would never run out of little girls to dress, boy was I right. After I posted the Just for the Joy Blog, I got a slew of requests. Ten dresses to be exact,lol. I guess I did it to myself, but really I don't mind. Spring is the perfect time to sew these fun dresses.

    So this is the first one that I made and it is for a sweet little lady named Isabella. I hope that she loves it as much as I loved making it. This dress is also the first one that I attempted to make an elastic smocking fabric insert. I am happy to say that it came out terrific and was quite simple to do. I will be using it again because it will make fitting these ladies much easier since most of them are not available often for fittings. It will also make the dresses fit for much longer than a fitted one would.

     I will be making a set of three dresses next for sisters. I can't wait! I will post pictures when finished with each project.

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment