Saturday, November 26, 2011

Being me (thankful)



  I have so many things to be thankful for that really it is quite hard to list them all. I have such great friends and family that I wonder how I got so lucky. I am able to be an at home mom because of my husband and his great job. I don't have to worry about getting food on the table or if I can afford to by a new pair of pants for my son. I have an unbelievable set of people who support my creative efforts. I am getting to work more on my small business and helping it grow. I have a healthy family. I just can't even be more blessed.
 
   And so at this time of year I write down these things and remember how many people may have only some or even none of these things to be thankful for and it makes me feel somehow guilty and sad. But then I see them and realize that they are not angry at me or jealous of what I have. Quite the opposite they are happy and thankful for what they do have, not what they don't have and it makes me realize that, that is exactly what Thanksgiving and the coming holidays is really about. It is about being grateful and appreciating what you have, not what you don't have, or could have, or want to have. It isn't about what everyone else has or what the TV and media say you should have. It is a simple and pure magic that every small child knows and many who have little understand better than anyone, be thankful for what you have every day.

   Wealth comes in more ways than one. And for all the gifts in my life I am very grateful!
                                                  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment