Monday, February 20, 2012

Argentium-Silver

 
  I just ordered some of this silver wire the other day. I have heard many great things about it and am looking forward to giving it a try. From what I have read it handles very much like sterling silver although it hardens faster when being worked so you have less room for re-shaping. But it doesn't need polishing with anything but a cotton clothe and water simply to take off finger prints. That's right no black or gold tarnishing and all shine. It can be soldered but needs lower temperatures.  It can be double hardened in your oven at 450 degrees. It works for almost all people with sensitivity to metals and causes almost no allergies. It is a higher in silver content percentage wise than sterling silver. And now it costs almost the same price as Sterling. Sounds almost to good to be true. And so I of course had to give it a try for my own to see how it performs for my needs.

     I will send you an update after I get it and how it works for me.

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment