Saturday, February 11, 2012

Inspiration and Design

     I love to look at my books and magazines to get inspired and often I say I would love to try that design. But inevitably I sit down and make my own thing. I just can't bring myself to actually use the all ready done designs. A fault or a gift I am not sure. I think that is why I have a hard time with repeat designs, and yet I wonder if sometimes this hurts me. Do I need fall back designs that always sell to make a living or can I continue to do a new design every time and allow myself to do and try many different styles.

      I always read you need to know who your customer and I am afraid that by not sticking to the same style of design I am totally ignoring this advice. But then I am my customer and I love to have lots of different styles, especially if no one else has it. Plus I feel a different personality depending on where I am going and what I am doing. Sometimes I am conservative, sometimes a little rock and roll, and sometimes all natural. Ugggh, I'm like a mini Sybil when it comes to style.

     Any way after I sat with my books and earmarked loads of pages, I sat down and came up with some cool earrings (of my own design of course) and will add them to my line. I hope that as I try to find a niche that you as my customers will feel free to help me figure out who you are and what you want to see more of  from my style. I of course want to keep it my style and that is why I feel it is good that I can't just copy, but I want you to be inspired by those designs as well. So keep the comments coming and feed me suggestions when you have them.

     Thank you for your support and your appreciation for my work.

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment